Friday, December 11, 2009

"Waiting patiently and expectantly"



“Guide me in Your truth and 
faithfulness and teach me, for 
You are the God of my
salvation; for You [You only 
and altogether] do I wait
[expectantly] all the day 
long.” Psalm 25:5


How do you “wait”? 
This is the question I have been asking myself lately. Tony and I are in a season of waiting. Waiting for our house to sell, waiting for the motorcycle to sell, waiting for all of the support to come in, and especially waiting to see God move and put all of this together. None of this will happen without Him. But, I have to be honest; I’m not very good at waiting! Well, those of you who know me well know that I’m rather impatient, and that’s putting it nicely. 
I can remember being a kid and all my family would get together on Christmas Eve. They would make all of us kids wait until we had visited with each other and had finished eating dinner before we could open presents. I would eat my dinner as fast as I could and then I would sit there tapping my fingers and ask a 100 times how much longer how much longer….? Some days I feel like that little child again sitting around tapping my fingers at God and asking a 100 times (a day) “How much longer God?”
God has been so patient with me. (And I don’t deserve it) He just keeps telling me, “In My timing, Melissa, in My timing.” But as we wait, God has pointed out to me, that He’s calling me to wait patiently and expectantly.  Not impatiently, begrudgingly, or without hope. I’m learning to put all of my plans aside and let the Lord take care of the details. His plans and His ways are far better than mine ever could be.
“The eye of all wait for You [looking, watching, and expecting] and You give them their food in due season.” Psalm 145:15
Are you waiting for something to take place in your life? There are many people throughout the Bible who had to wait for what God had promised. Remember Abraham and Sarah? God is never early, never late but, He’s always right on time! “How” are you waiting?
“I wait for the Lord, I expectantly wait, and in His word do I hope.” Psalm 130:5
Let us all wait patiently and expectantly for the Lord!
Merry Christmas and God Bless
Until all know Him,
Melissa Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment